BES12 The technical accreditation training path for BES12 includes a blend of instructor-led training and web-based training. All web-based training and job aids must be completed using BlackBerry Universe prior to instructor-led training. The instructor-led training and assessments must be completed through one of BlackBerry’s Authorized Training Partners and will take 3.5 days to complete. To successfully achieve the Accreditation for BES12 you must complete all training and assessment requirements listed in the charts below.
Web-Based Training Training Module
BES12 Architecture & Data Flows
In this web-based course, you will learn about the high-level BES12 architecture and how the BES12 components interact with BlackBerry OS (version 5.0 to 7.1), BlackBerry 10, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices.
• Describe the key features of BES12 as they relate to the architecture • Describe the high-level architecture of BES12 • Identify the communication paths available between your organization and users’ devices • Describe how data flows when a device is activated • Describe how data flows when a device receives email or organizer data
Getting Started with your OSX Device
This course describes how to activate and deactivate an OSX device.
• Outline how to activate an OSX device • Recall how to deactivate an OSX device
High Availability in BES12
This course describes what you must do to set up high availability in BES12 environment. It uses activities and labs to show you how you can use these features to manage high availability in a BES12 environment.
• Compare the options to configure high availability in BES12 • Describe the active-active high availability model • For a given scenario, choose the best high availability option • Identify the key components involved in the high availability architecture for BES12 • Summarize the tasks required to configure high availability in BES12 • Evaluate whether an environment meets the system requirements and prerequisites for configuring high availability • Identify how BES12 evaluates the health of BES12 components • Gather information about the state of high availability in BES12 • For a given scenario, identify the cause of a failover and what must be done to correct the problem
In this web-based course, you will learn how to check requirements and configure permissions required to install and run BES12. You will also practice how to install BES12 on one computer for the first time.
• Summarize the BES12 installation process • Check the requirements using the BES12 pre-installation Checklist, BES12 setup application, and BES12 Compatibility Matrix before installing BES12 • Given a scenario, determine if the environment supports a BES12 installation • Create a service account • Configure permissions on the computer • Configure the database server • Install the BES12 software on a single computer • Configure your organization name and SRP information • Perform post-installation tasks
What’s New in BES12.5
In this web-based course, you learn about the new features in BES12 version 12.5.
• Describe new BES12 management console features • Customize the BES12 management console colors • Describe BES12 support for Good Dynamics • Create and send a new Good Dynamics PIN • Describe new BES12 app features • Create an app category • Describe other new features in BES12 version 12.5
Managing Licenses in BES12 Version 12.5