City Hall 333 West Ellsworth Street Midland, Michigan 48640 989.837.3300 * 989.837.2717 Fax www.cityofmidlandmi.gov
REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street August 07, 2017
7:00 PM AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER - Maureen Donker, Mayor PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG ROLL CALL -
Thomas W. Adams Steve Arnosky Diane Brown Wilhelm Maureen Donker Marty A. Wazbinski
CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE STATEMENT CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS: All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the "Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated." If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: 1.
* Approve minutes of the July 24 special and regular, and July 31 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda. RESOLUTIONS:
* Approving the request of the Michigan Baseball Foundation - Momentum Midland Initiative, to conduct IndieGoNights, an outdoor concert, on Friday, August 18. MCMANUS
* Recognizing Community Wishes as a nonprofit organization in the community. KEENAN
* Recognizing Midland's Open Door as a nonprofit organization in the community. KEENAN
Considering purchases and contracts: 5.
City of Midland and Midland Public Schools Housing Construction Agreement (4/5 vote required). KAYE
Project Agreement with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources for the Upper Emerson Park Renovation. MURPHY
Additional purchases and services for renovation work on the Tridge. MURPHY
* Two Residential Refuse trucks - Public Services. MURPHY
* E10 Ethanol Blend Unleaded Fuel purchase from July 20 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* 2017 Construction Inspection Services. FREDRICKSON
* 2017 Diamond Drive Resurfacing; Contract No. 22. FREDRICKSON
* 2017 Commerce Drive Culvert Replacement (4/5 vote required). FREDRICKSON
* 2017 MDOT Jerome Street Paving. FREDRICKSON
* Referee Services for city of Midland hockey league games from the Midland Hockey Official Association (4/5 vote required). BENSON
* Elevator modernization - Water Treatment Plant. SOVA
Setting a public hearing: 16.
* Conditional Use Permit No. 59 - consider a request of Wolgast Design Group, LLC on behalf of 1st State Bank for review and approval of a conditional land use for a 7,480 square foot 2 story building in office service and downtown northside overlay zoning districts, located at 402 and 406 Ashman Street, 111 East Buttles Street, 401, 405 and 411 McDonald Street (8/28). KAYE
* Request from Fisher Sand and Gravel, Inc. to establish an Industrial Development District (8/28). DUFORD
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Citizen Comment Line: City of Midland website address: City of Midland email address: Government Information Center:
837-3400 www.cityofmidlandmi.gov [email protected]
located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library
Backup material for agenda item: 1.
* Approve minute