Call for Artists & Independent Artist Contract

All artists in Middle School, High School or Adults (18+) are welcome to participate. Each artist may ... This includes sharing the event on Facebook. This is not.
171KB Sizes 11 Downloads 213 Views
1200 N. West Ave. Jackson, MI 49202 (517) 789-1200 [email protected]

Call for Artists & Independent Artist Contract

Join us as we celebrate our Beautiful (sometimes complicated) Minds at the Beautiful Minds Art Show & Sale at ART 634 opening on May 7th, 12 pm - 4 pm. A portion of proceeds will benefit Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition to provide evidence-based suicide prevention programming in Jackson. All artists in Middle School, High School or Adults (18+) are welcome to participate. Each artist may submit up to 5 pieces. All media are welcome including but not limited to Painting, Mixed Media, Photography, Sculpture and more.* Winners of the show will be chosen by public vote, in the categories of Middle School, High School and Adult and will each receive a Gift Card. Those pieces not sold may be requested to remain for a traveling art show throughout town until sold or until the end of the year. By bringing artwork with this signed contract, the artist and Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition under the umbrella of LifeWays CMH as well as the host La Renaissance dba ART 634 enter into a binding agreement in accordance with the following terms. 1. Ready to hang art (See example at right) will be left at ART 634 for a period of one month to be on display. If not gallery ready, ART 634 will help prepare your work for a small fee of $10 per piece, per approval of the artist at the time of drop off. 2. All artwork must be originals and also be for sale (exceptions for students). The art will be priced by the artist. The art will be sold for a 70/30 split. 70% of the proceeds will go to Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition and the other 30% will go to the artist. This is a fundraiser for Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition to provide evidence-based suicide prevention programming in Jackson County. 3. Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition under the umbrella of LifeWays CMH as well as the host La Renaissance dba ART 634 are not responsible for any lost, stolen, damaged or otherwise affected works of art. The pieces displayed are displayed at the creator’s risk. We strongly advise each artist to insure his or her personal works. 4. Those pieces not sold may be requested to remain for a traveling art show throughout town until sold or until the end of the year. 5. When a piece sells it is requested but not required to stay at ART 634 for the remainder of the month. At the end of the month, the pieces must be picked up by buyers. If the artwork is not picked up within 30 days after the end of that period, the artwork becomes the property of Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition for use in the traveling art show. 6. At the show, artwork can be purchased by Credit Card, Cash or Check made out to LifeWays CMH with Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition in the note. After the show buyers can contact Lindsay Baker (517) 796-4533 or [email protected] at LifeWays to make a purchase. Continued on Back

Please Send to: Jackson County Suicide Prevention Coalition c/o LifeWays CMH 1200 N. West Ave. Jackson, MI 49202 Or [email protected]

1200 N. West Ave. Jackson, MI 49202 (517) 789-1200 [email protected]

7. The artist will also: a. Provide an artist bio (50 words or less), an artist photo and this signed contract. b. Be requested to attend the Sunday Open House on May 7th, 2017, from 12 noon to 4 pm and invite friends and family. This includes sharing the event on Facebook. This is not required but highly encouraged. c. Agree that any photos of work, bio and statement may be used in advertising. Artist Name: _____________________________________Medium: _____________________________ Phone Number: (_____) ____________________ Email: _______________________________________ Artist Signature: ________________________________________________ Date: _________________ Parent/Guardian (If applicable) ____________________________________ Date: _________________ □ Middle School □ High S