1. The Basics - Name: (first, middle, last, and nickname) - How old is he/she? - What does he/she look like? - Where does he/she live?
2. Background - Where did your character grow up? - Are her parents married or divorced? - Does she have siblings? If so, is she the oldest, youngest, middle? - Which family member is she closest to? - Which one does she keep secrets from?
3. Self Image - What is her strongest personality trait? - What is she most proud of? - What does she wish she could change about herself? - How do other people see her, and is it different from how she sees herself? - What is she most afraid of?
4. Desires - What does this character want? - How far would she go to get what she wants? - Where would she draw the line? - Do you think she’d be happy if she got her heart’s desire?
5. Summary - Read back over everything you’ve written about your character and summarize in one sentence what he or she wants, and what obstacles stand in the way. Use this to guide you as you keep writing your story.