Connect Guide connect.tafeqld.edu.au
Content Manage Topics
Author: James Croft Last Updated: 11/05/2015
Need more help? Visit our YouTube channel: youtube.com/tafeqldconnect
1. Let's take a look at deleting, moving, and renaming topics.
2. To delete a topic, click the context menu next to the topic.
3. Select 'Delete Topic'.
4. Choose method of deleting. You may choose to remove the topic from Content, but keep the files or activity associated with that topic, OR permanently delete both the topic in Content and the associated file or activity. Choose carefully! If you delete a file or activity it cannot be recovered, and may have to be re-loaded or re-built manually.
5. Click 'Delete' to apply.
6. To move a topic, click and drag the handle next to the topic.
7. You can also move topics by clicking the context menu...
8. ...then selecting 'Move Up', 'Move Down' or 'Move To'.
9. Using 'Move To'. 'Move To' gives you a listing of all your content modules, and allows you to move a topic from one module to another.
10. To rename a topic, click the context menu next to the topic.
11. Select 'Edit Properties In-place'
12. You can now click on the title to rename the topic.
13. Enter your new topic title.
14. Click outside the box (or press Enter) to save your new title.
15. Click 'Add a description' to add a description to a topic.
16. The HTML Editor opens. Descriptions are really versatile; and can also include images, links, or special formatting.
17. Add your description, then click 'Update' to apply.
18. Description is now applied to your topic.