Connect Guide connect.tafeqld.edu.au
Author: Shannon Jones Last Updated: 1/07/2015
In this guide you will learn how to: • Access Grade Items and student submissions • Enter grades and add feedback • See an overview of all grades By default, if a Grade Item is linked to an assessment item in Connect, the result will automatically be populated back into the Grade Item when it's marked. This marking can occur either manually (when an Instructor marks a Dropbox) or automatically (when a Quiz is auto-graded). Please note: In this guide we will be using a Grade Item linked to a Dropbox assessment that's already been partially marked as an example.
Access Grade Items and student submissions 1. To enter a Grade click on Assessments.
2. Click on Grades.
3. Open the assessment item (e.g. Assessment Task No.2) context menu.
4. Click on Enter Grades.
5. You will now see an overview of the student grades that have been entered for this Dropbox. NB: Grade results can be entered from within the Dropbox tool itself, or from this page.
6. This page also displays new submissions from students.
7. Click on the student’s submission file icon.
8. Click on the file title to open the document.
9. Once you have reviewed the submission click the Close button.
Enter grades and add feedback 1. Enter the result in the Grade box. In this example, the grade item has been set up to be out of 2 points, one point for unsatisfactory and two points for satisfactory. If you’ve run your grading setup wizard, ungraded items are automatically set to zero, which will make them display as not graded.
2. To add comments select the Feedback option.
3. Enter feedback in the space provided.
4. Click Save.
5. Click Save.
6. Click Yes.
7. To view an event log of changes click on the Event Log icon.
8. The Event Log will display. This is good information from an audit perspective.
9. Click Close to return to the previous screen.
10. When you’ve finished click Save and Close to save any changes.
11. Click Yes.
Overview of all grades 1. Click Enter Grades to see a complete overview of all grades entered so far. This will show all students and all of their grades in one large table.
2. To enter grades in this view, click Switch to Spreadsheet View. This allows you to enter and modify any grade.
3. Change the grade as needed.
4. Click Save.
5. Click Yes to save your updated grade.