Connect Guide connect.tafeqld.edu.au
Author: Jo Rose Last Updated: 1/07/2015
Need more help? Visit our YouTube channel: youtube.com/tafeqldconnect
In this guide you will learn how to: • Add date restrictions to a Dropbox folder • Add Release conditions to a Dropbox folder • Add Special Access to a Dropbox folder
Add date restrictions to a Dropbox Folder You can add the following availability date restrictions to your Dropbox folder: start date, due date and end date. Before the start date, a Dropbox folder will be visible, but students can’t access the instructions, or make a submission, until after the start date has passed. Student submissions made after the due date are still accepted, but will be flagged as late in the marking interface. After the end date has passed, a Dropbox folder will indicate that it has closed. It will continue to be visible, but students cannot access the instructions or make a submission.
1. Click on Dropbox folder title context menu and select Edit Folder.
2. Click on the Restrictions tab.
3. You have the option to add a Start Date, Due Date and End Date for your Dropbox folder.
Add a release condition to a Dropbox folder 1. Click Create and Attach to attach a release condition to your drop box.
2. In this example, we’ll add a release condition that reveals this Dropbox folder once a student has completed a prior quiz. Click dropdown arrow and select Completed Quiz Attempt.
3. Locate your Quiz.
4. Select Number of Attempts and click Create
Once set up, students must have completed 1 attempt of the quiz in order to access this Dropbox folder.
Add a Special Access Restriction 1. Special Access can allow you to set unique due dates (for example, a student extension) on a per-student basis. Click Add Users to Special Access button.
2. You can set an End Date for two weeks later than your standard default date.
3. Select student (or students) from unit class list. These modified dates will apply to these students only.
4. Click Save.
5. You can now see that my chosen student has an end date specifically for them. Special access can also work by making a Dropbox folder visible only to those with special access.
6. When you’re happy with the restrictions you’ve set, click the ‘Save and Close’ button.