City Hall 333 West Ellsworth Street Midland, Michigan 48640 989.837.3300 * 989.837.2717 Fax www.cityofmidlandmi.gov
REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street June 27, 2016
7:00 PM AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER - Maureen Donker, Mayor PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG ROLL CALL -
Thomas W. Adams Steve Arnosky Diane Brown Wilhelm Maureen Donker Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS: All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the "Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated." If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: 1.
* Approve minutes of the June 13 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS: 2.
Presentation by Michigan Department of Transportation representative on performance of roundabout. MCMANUS
PUBLIC HEARINGS: 3.
Approve 2016 Sidewalk Improvement Special Assessment District Roll (also see material sent in the June 13 agenda packet). DUFORD
Amendment to the 2015-16 Currie Municipal Golf Course Fund budget to increase revenues and expenses by $8,000 for paving a portion of Madison Street (also see material sent in the June 13 agenda packet). KEENAN
Amendment to the 2015-16 Downtown Development Authority budget to provide funding for the Downtown Development Authority budget amendment for Downtown Midland Streetscape Redevelopment and Conceptual Engineering Design Study (also see material sent in June 13 agenda packet). TISDALE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda. ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS: 6.
Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending Section 28-52 of Division 3 of Article II of Chapter 28 - Water Rates. BUSH
Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending Section 28-163 of Division 3 of Article III of Chapter 28 - Sewer Rates. BUSH
Approving three-year agreement with the United Steelworkers Local 14009. STONE
* Appointing Taitia Shelow to the Cable Access Advisory Commission. BEACOM
* Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent. MCMANUS a. * P-16-01 - that parking shall be prohibited on both sides of Russell Street from Wheeler Street to 135 feet north. b. * P-16-02 - that parking shall be prohibited on the south side of Hawks Nest from Dublin Avenue to 60 feet west.
* Approving one-year time extension to Midland County Habitat for Humanity for Conditional Use Permit No. 52 for a single family dwelling in an Office Service zoning district located at 2002 Jefferson Avenue. KAYE
Considering purchases and contracts: 12.
* Currie Parkway Pedestrian Bridge Walkway reconstruction. MURPHY
* Purchase Order Increase to PM Blough for project oversight for the Currie Parkway bridge pedestrian walkway project. MURPHY
* Electronic Online Services, Interlibrary Loan Delivery Services and Training from Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (4/5 vote required). BARNARD
* Electronic Services and Materials from Gale/CENGAGE Learning (4/5 vote required). BARNARD
* Library Automation Services from Valley Library Consortium (4/5 vote required). BARNARD