City Hall 333 West Ellsworth Street Midland, Michigan 48640 989.837.3300 * 989.837.2717 Fax www.cityofmidlandmi.gov
REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street April 11, 2016
7:00 PM AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER - Maureen Donker, Mayor PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG ROLL CALL -
Thomas W. Adams Steve Arnosky Diane Brown Wilhelm Maureen Donker Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS: All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the "Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated." If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: 1.
* Approve minutes of the March 21 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS: 2.
Arbor Day - April 29. MURPHY
PUBLIC HEARINGS: 3.
Amendment to the 2015-16 Washington Woods budget for the purpose of receiving CDBG funds and authorizing the expenditure of these CDBG funds for the purpose of replacing the west wing boiler and tanks (also see material sent in the March 14 agenda packet). KAYE
Hearing of Necessity for the "2016 Downtown Economic Revitalization Public Improvement Special Assessment District" (also see material sent in the March 21 agenda packet). TISDALE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda. ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS: 5.
Introduction and First Reading of an Ordinance to provide payment in lieu of taxes to Bracken Woods II, LDHA, LP, for Bracken Woods II Apartments, and repeal Sections 2-260.3 and 2-264.1 in their entirety. KEENAN
Accepting the City Manager's 2016 Sidewalk Improvement Program Report and setting a public Hearing on Necessity for May 9. MCMANUS
Receiving and filing the City Manager's Proposed 2016-17 Budget and directing the City Clerk to publish a notice of public hearings on the budget. KEENAN
Authorizing refunds relating to the 2014 Commerce Drive Water Main and Sanitary Sewer special assessment districts. DUFORD
* Confirming the City Manager's appointment of Sharon Mortensen and Alex Rapanos to the Center City Authority Board. TISDALE
* Confirming the City Manager's reappointment of Joe Kozuch to the Center City Authority Board. TISDALE
* Confirming the City Manager's reappointment of Bobbie Arnold, Marty McGuire and Robert Rathbun to the Downtown Development Authority Board. TISDALE
Considering purchases and contracts: 12.
* 2016 Main Street Reconstruction and Water Main; Contract No. 01. MCMANUS
* 2016 Main Street Construction Inspection Services. MCMANUS
Setting a public hearing: 14.
* Amendment to the 2015-16 Budgets and Financial Working Plans (4/25). KEENAN
* Accepting the special assessment roll for the "2016 Downtown Economic Revitalization Public Improvement Special Assessment District" and setting a public hearing on the roll (4/25). DUFORD
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Citizen Comment Line: City of Midland website address: City of Midland email address: Government Information Center:
837-3400 www.cityofmidlandmi.gov [email protected]
located near the reference