City Hall 333 West Ellsworth Street Midland, Michigan 48640 989.837.3300 * 989.837.2717 Fax www.cityofmidlandmi.gov
REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street February 15, 2016
7:00 p.m. AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER - Maureen Donker, Mayor PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL -
Thomas W. Adams Steve Arnosky Diane Brown Wilhelm Maureen Donker Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS: All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: 1.
* Approve minutes of the January 25 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS: 2.
Midland Tomorrow presentation on "solarize" initiative. LYNCH
PUBLIC HEARINGS: 3.
Conditional Use Permit No. 56 - to consider a request for review and approval of a Conditional Land Use for a single family dwelling in a RB Multiple-Family Residential zoning district located at 309 Sam Street (also see material sent in the January 25 agenda packet). KAYE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda. ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS: 4.
Introduction and first reading of an ordinance amending Section 30-16 of Article II of Chapter 30 - to expand the Center City Authority Board from its present seven members to nine. TISDALE
Introduction and first reading of an ordinance amending Section 21-73 of Division 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 - General Recreation Fees. MURPHY
Approving a list of questions to be referred to the Housing Commission for the public hearing process on the PILOT request from Bracken Woods Apartments. KEENAN
Receiving and filing a staff report to the City Council regarding how Putnam Park could be designated as an established park. LYNCH
* Approving Site Plan No. 344 - for site plan review and approval for a 16,400 square foot storage and shop addition, located at 3401 Contractor Drive. KAYE
* Approving Purchase Agreement for the sale of the building trades house located at 1000 West Collins Street. KAYE
Considering purchases and contracts: 10.
* Back-up Generator for Sylvan Sanitary Pump Station - Wastewater. BUSH
* Purchase Order Increase to Bierlein Companies, Inc. for emergency assistance Landfill. BUSH
* Park Mowing Services. MURPHY
* Purchase Order Increase to PM Blough for design work on the Golfside Drive boat launch. MURPHY
Setting a public hearing: NEW BUSINESS:
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Citizen Comment Line: City of Midland website address:
City of Midland email address: Government Information Center: [email protected]
located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library
Attached documents for item Maureen Donker, Mayor
Attached documents for item * Approve minutes of the January 25 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
* Approve minut... - 1 of 5
* Approve minut... - 2 of 5
* Approve minut... - 3 of 5
* Approve minu