City Hall 333 West Ellsworth Street Midland, Michigan 48640 989.837.3300 * 989.837.2717 Fax www.cityofmidlandmi.gov
REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street January 11, 2016
7:00 p.m. AGENDA
CALL TO ORDER - Maureen Donker, Mayor PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL -
Thomas W. Adams Steve Arnosky Diane Brown Wilhelm Maureen Donker Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS: All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: 1.
* Approve minutes of the December 14 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS: PUBLIC HEARINGS: 2.
Zoning Petition No. 603 - to amend the City of Midland zoning map by rezoning the property located at 1517 Bayliss Street from Residential B Multiple-Family zoning to Community zoning (also see material sent in the December 14 agenda packet). KAYE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address the City Council on issues that are relevant to Council business but are not on the agenda.
ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS: RESOLUTIONS: 3.
Approving resolutions for Currie Municipal Golf Course: KEENAN a. Accepting gifts of $10,000 and $20,000 from the Mary C. Currie Foundation. b. Setting a public hearing to amend the 2015-16 Currie Municipal Golf Course Fund budget to increase revenues and expenses by $30,000 for tree removal and reforestation, and demolition of the old driving range building and restoration of the surrounding area (1/25).
Accepting a grant of $15,000 from the Midland Area Community Foundation for the purchase of a new Technical Rescue Equipment Trailer. COUGHLIN
* Receiving and filing the City and County Joint Building Authority Audit for the year ended June 30, 2015. KEENAN
Considering purchases and contracts: 6.
* Modernization of two East End Elevators at Washington Woods. KAYE
* Demolition and Abatement of 13 West Wing Units at Washington Woods. KAYE
* Payment to Braun, Kendrick, Finkbeiner, P.L.C. for contracted legal services relating to the City's defense in the Larkin Charter Township complaint filed with the 42nd Circuit Court for the County of Midland. BRANSON
* Pool Chemicals. MURPHY
* Bituminous Mixture #2 - Public Services. MURPHY
* 22A Crushed Limestone - Public Services. MURPHY
* Concrete - Public Services. MURPHY
* Water Service Fittings - Water Distribution. BUSH
Setting a public hearing: NEW BUSINESS:
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Citizen Comment Line: City of Midland website address:
City of Midland email address: Government Information Center: [email protected]
located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library
Attached documents for item Maureen Donker, Mayor
Attached documents for item * Approve minutes of the December 14 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
* Approve minut... - 1 of 3
* Approve minut... - 2 of 3
* Approve minut... - 3 of 3
Attached documents for item Zoning Peti